Sunday, April 17, 2016

Uh, April?

Hey, I made it back J. You’d think all the blizzards around here lately would mean extra stitching time, but they don’t when you go out and make 6 ft. tall snowmen instead!

Anyway I have two more sprites finished that I wanted to show a few weeks ago:
Here are Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy- I love how they turned out! They are designed of course by the very awesome Dork Stitch. I don’t have any more sprites started currently but I’ve got more on my to-do list so we’ll see who makes an appearance later on.
I finished all the backstitching on the Winter Lady! Yay! I meant to take a progress photo but (and I think this happened with the Summer Lady too, haha) I just kept going so here she is:
Here are the two completed ladies together, Summer and Winter:
There are two more left in the series, Autumn and Spring:
Spring is going to be the next lady up. I don’t have any immediate plans to start her but I’m guessing that either by the end of this year or shortly after the start of next year she’ll begin showing up J.
I’ve been working intermittently on Snowflake Serenade too:
Another box has been completed and I’ve started on the neighboring one. This is a very pretty piece but man oh man do I hate how floppy the fabric is! Floppy aida apparently really weirds me out. I use a snap frame to work on it, but I can tell my mood gets dampened a bit everytime I think about working on it, haha. Oh well, I will persevere, I’m stubborn like that sometimes J.
I thought I’d end by showing an update on Sloth. I haven’t worked on her much this year but I did a lot last year and don’t think I ever posted a photo.
The entire piece is just over 3% done! Yay! Just keep stitching… J. 

Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Day 2016

An extra day for stitching is always good right? We’ll see if I can still take advantage of it J. I don’t know if I’ll end up having a new start to celebrate but I do have a couple more finishes to show.

Here are Kato and the Green Hornet from the awesome 1960s TV show The Green Hornet. Once again these sprites were designed by Dork Stitch. There will be more to come I’m sure J.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Valentine's Update

Yes, this is a wee bit late… I’ll just have to be quick then J. I finished the front portion of Celtic Spring’s dress (minus the metallic and beads):

Just the long sweeping back portion of the dress left to do (and the metallic and beads… J).

Hey, look at that, my first two finishes of the year! These are sprites of Sherlock and Watson from the BBC series Sherlock as designed by Dork Stitch. I’ve had a list of sprites I’ve wanted to do for a while and apparently now is the time for me to start crossing some off.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Progress

Here’s the Winter Lady with the rest of her metallic border.  Just the backstitching left to go on her.

Celtic Spring has continued to get lots of attention lately.  This is where she was at a little while ago.

I’m hoping for a snow day.  So I can get some more stitching time, but it’s not looking likely. J

Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year

Wow, the holidays just zipped right by this year! I guess winter’s set in for good now, but at least there’s always stitching to look forward too J.

I did not manage to finish the ornament in time for Christmas- or the end of 2015 haha- but I did finish it on Jan. 1. The beading went fairly well but took longer than I thought it should (or maybe I was just more into the movie I was watching than I thought).
This is the Winter Lady as of the end of the year. I was ~1/2 done with the outer metallic border which I was pleased about. Of course on Jan. 2 I then finished the border (and thus all the stitching except for the backstitching) but I think I’ll save that picture for another day J.
Roll on 2016 stitching! J

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Holiday Stitching to Commence

At least, that’s what should be happening J. I’ve got my ornament for the year picked out and I will start it soon. In the meantime Celtic Spring has rather taken over.

I do love purple! It’s exciting how the swirls are beginning to take shape now. I’ll try to fit her into my holiday stitching now though, rather than the other way around J.

I have managed a bit more on the Winter Lady too. The metallic border is coming along and adding some nice sparkle to the piece.

Sunday, November 1, 2015

A Finish and Some Progress

My cousin’s wedding was last weekend and a good time was had by all J. I finished the Lizzie Kate 3 Little Words piece I was making for the newlyweds and was able to find a frame in time too:

I really liked how it looked with the double mats but it was trickier than I expected to frame it- there wasn’t enough room for glass or a proper backing board! I got the back of the frame on finally but it was still rather tight haha!

I’ve also completed all the half stitching on the Winter Lady now too!
Yay! Just the metallic stitching and the back stitching left to go on her now. I’m aiming to try to complete the metallic cross stitching by the end of the year, but I’m not going to worry about getting her completely finished this year. If I only have backstitching left she can be my first finish of next year J.