Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sailor Moon

So, as the title suggests, I didn’t spend this past week working on the three projects I listed last time. Oh well, I didn’t mind too much J .
I am a huge Sailor Moon fan and have wanted to stitch pictures of the Scouts for awhile.  I didn’t think there were any available though, so I settled down to design some of my own. On my computer is a version of PC Stitch, but as I can be quite picky this process is taking me awhile.
However, while blog hopping I recently came across Dork Stitch and discovered that she had designed some very cute sprites of all the Sailor Scouts. Here are the first three I have done, Sailor Moon, Mars, and Neptune.
I plan on doing the rest over the next couple of months.
Then, on one of Dork Stitch’s posts she had links to other Sailor Moon sprite and motif patterns, which pretty much made my month J . I particularly like Alcnaurewen's sprite patterns, for she had even designed the villains which I thought was quite original. After being overwhelmed and not knowing where to start I decided to make a picture of the Phantom Sisters as a gift. So far I’ve done two of the sisters:

I’m also including black crescent moons, which is the symbol of this particular group. I’m nearly half done with this project and I’m really enjoying working on it.
Now as much as I enjoyed contemplating doing the individual groups or characters I couldn’t quite settle on an idea I liked. Then I realized that the best way to get it out of my system was to design a huge picture that depicted the forces of good and evil facing off (almost literally). This way I can stitch all the characters together! As extensive as Alcnaurewen's patterns were though, in my initial planning stages I found there were some characters I wanted to include that she didn’t have so I’ve been working on designing them, using her figures for reference. I hope to be finished with the designing and layout stages of the picture within the next couple of months so that I can start this project next year.
Ok, enough about Sailor Moon for now! I have managed to work on David a bit this past week and hope to do some more this upcoming week. Next week I’ll have another picture of him and perhaps another one of my current projects (which I need to finish so I can start my Ultimate Sailor Moon picture haha!)
Have a great stitching week!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! You stitched them really well, and I've never seen Sailor Neptune stitched before, at least from that pattern. Do you mind if I feature your stitches of them on Dork Stitch sometime this week? Your work based on Alucarnuwen's (I'm sure I butchered that spelling) pattern is gorgeous, too- I particularly like the layout!

    ReplyDelete