Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Clash of the Holidays

It’s been a battle between Halloween and Christmas around here, and between you and me I think Christmas is winning J .
I’ve gotten a little farther on the Halloween Pony. The sky around the haunted house is finished now and I’ve added the two ghost portraits in the corners. After finishing up the top part I’ll probably begin working on the columns that are along the sides. Here’s what it’s looking like this week:

My Christmas stitching plans seem to be moving along very nicely though. I’ve decided to make little ornaments for my friends, so theoretically the pictures can be completed quickly. I started with the largest piece first though, which won’t be an ornament. This gingerbread couple is for a friend of mine who got married a few months ago and the cookies just reminded me of her and her husband J .

Have a great stitching week!

3 comments:

  1. The Halloween piece looks amazing so far, and I'm sure the gingerbread couple is going to be really cute when finished! Looking forward to seeing more on both of these pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wips are looking great :D
    Happy halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both looking great! :)

    ReplyDelete