Saturday, December 10, 2011

Red Stocking and the End of Christmas Stitching!?

At least I hope so, haha. I may end up helping my mom make some more presents, but that stitching won’t be Christmas themed.
I was really slowing down in the mojo department with this one. After having to frog part of the outer border right at the beginning I could already sense that this one was going to be a challenge. I still like the design, as it goes well with the other two stockings, but it was just rather slow going. Especially as I was getting distracted and working on little bits of other projects J.
Since it was the last one though, I used that thought for motivation to power through. That and the Christmas music, which really helped too. (Or was meant to. It got to the point where I was thinking, “Let’s finish this part by the end of the CD. Hmmm, ok, but definitely finish by the end of the next CD. Ok… you’re not even stitching are you, you’re just listening to music!”) Haha, yeah… that’s me sometimes J .
In the end I did finish though. So here’s the fabled red stocking, complete with difficult-to-see-shiny-backstitch, which actually went pretty smoothly. Maybe I’m finally getting the hang of it J .

Now all that remains is to turn these little pictures into pillow ornaments! Piece of cake, right?
Have a great stitching week!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there- I LOVE all of the color variants you're doing for your holiday stitching. They're adorable!

    I also wanted to stop by to thank you for joining the WIPocalypse. I've added you to the participant list and to my blog reader so I can take a peek in from time to time.

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing your stocking set! This one looks as great as all the rest, and they should make an awesome set all lined up together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful final stocking. Good luck with the pillow ornaments! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the colours of your stockings, my favourite is this red, really christmassy!

    ReplyDelete