Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing in the New Year/WIPocalypse

Woo hoo, so we’ve made it through 2011. That’s good and now we just have to survive next year, haha.
I’ve signed up to participate in the 2012 WIPocalypse, as hosted by Measi at Measi's Musings. Here’s where my list stands right now:
1.     David Tennant (Quick and Easy magazine)
2.    Snow White (Leisure Arts princess book)
3.    Halloween Pony (Linda Gillum)
4.    Animal Heads Kit
5.    London at Twilight (Maria Diaz, Cross Stitch Gold magazine)
6.    Picture for my mom
These are the projects I currently have going. Some of them I started last year and some of them are old. (Like the animal heads kit…. Yeah, not even sure when it was started haha).
Progress wise I would definitely like to finish several of these this year. For now though I’m going to be a bit conservative and say that I’d like to work on each of them this year and at least move them along. I’d also like to start some pictures too, so that will make progress slower J. Good thing this list can be flexible. Pending the acquisition of the necessary floss and fabric these are the pictures I hope to start:
1.     SK Blue Moon (HAED)
I’ve signed up for my first freebie SAL on the HAED bulletin board so we’ll see how this goes!
2.    Summer Lady (Maria Diaz, Cross Stitch Gold)
This is one seasonal lady in a set that’s based on the art style of Alphonse Mucha. I figured she would be cheery enough to stitch on if I manage to start her this winter J.
3.    Sloth (HAED, Marta Dahlig)
I’ve been a fan of Marta’s work and especially this series for several years, so when I saw HAED had charted the whole set I decided to take the plunge. I’m very excited and intimidated at the same time, haha.
4.    Epic Sailor Moon project
If you haven’t noticed by now, I’m sort of a fan of Sailor Moon J. (Ha, there’s an understatement, right?). I finally finished planning out the characters and layout for what I’m terming my Epic Sailor Moon picture, based mostly on Alcnaurewen's sprites. I say epic because I need to lay my hands on 2 yards of 16 count fabric before I can begin, hehe. So it’s a bit on the large side. Stay tuned J.
So once again as most of the things I want to stitch on are rather large, I probably won’t be seeing too many finishes next year. But hey, at least I’m going to have lots of fun J.
I also thought I’d show the sprite I made my mom for Christmas, which she turned into a coaster. It’s a Santa girl sprite, designed once again by Dork Stitch. In all probability, more of her sprites will make their way onto next year’s list too J.


I hope everyone has a fantastic time celebrating the start of the new year and that you have a great stitching week!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, your coaster looks so cute! And that epic Sailor Moon project, holy cow! 16-count is hard to come by where I'm at but I could buy 14- by the bolt (if I didn't like higher counts I would, too! :x).

    G'luck with all your goals and the WIPocalypse! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've just been hopping through the wipocalypse participants and found this awesomeness (a.k.a. this blog). Epic Sailor Moon Stitch! Mucha! OMG David Tenant!! I will most definitelly follow to see what happens with these projects through the year.
    Oh, and Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with all of your projects for the WIPocolypse! It sounds like a really useful SAL, so I hope you get a lot done! The coaster came out so well, too! The variegated floss on her dress is quite nice, and I hope your mom liked it! Do you mind if I feature her within the next week or so?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a great project list! Best of luck with your HAEDs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute sprite. :D

    Good luck with the WIPocalypse. I'm looking forward to see your pics. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete