Monday, January 9, 2012

January WIPocalypse update

Alright, so today is the night of the full moon and that means it’s time for the first update of the WIPocalypse!
To start off January I’ve gotten a bit more done on David Tennant. You can see this picture if you scroll down to the previous post or look here.
I’ve also made a start on my SAL for the HAED bulletin board. The design I’m working on is a SK (story keep- so many abbreviations!) called Blue Moon (art by Linda Ravenscroft). So far I’ve got some purply bits (but not blue, haha) for the corner in.

Lastly for today is another old WIP. It’s a picture of London at twilight designed by Maria Diaz and appeared in an issue of CSG. This is the largest picture I’ve ever started, and I know that compared to many out there it isn’t all that big (it’ll be 13 x 10 inches on 14 (28) count when done). But it is for me and as such, I decided to work on it in a different way so as not to lose motivation. I usually just stitch wherever a color takes me and follow it along, but for this piece I’ve been doing 20 x 20 stitch blocks. This method has worked pretty well, but since I started at the top there’s still not much to see yet.
Here’s where I left off:

And here’s what I’ve done this year:

I’ve started work on another square- this one is the top of Big Ben so it should be appearing soon. I’ll just keep on filling in my squares and see how far I get on this one this year J.
Have a great stitching week!

6 comments:

  1. great progresses for the first WIPocalypse. Congratulations :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your London Wip is really beautiful. I can't wait to see it groing this year, along with the Storykeep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The London chart has been on my to-do-one-day-in-the-far-future-list for a long time now. It's wonderful to see it stitched by someone for the first time. Love the way it looks, much better than the pic in CSG. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH good progress and I love David and Dr. Who. Your stitch reaper is cute too.
    I have a London piece that I printed off that I want to stitch. I'll start it in May during the Olympics. Can't wait to see your progress on this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a lovely picture and will be a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the London WIP. I can't wait to see more of it. :D

    ReplyDelete