Monday, February 20, 2012

February IHSW update

Well, another hermitage weekend has come and gone and I found some time to stitch but not as much as I’d have liked. I’m pretty pleased with the progress I did make though, as I got some smaller goals accomplished and that’s always lovely J. First up is my update on London- I finished another square as there wasn’t too much left to do.

I really like how the clock tower is coming along, particularly the way the yellows look against the sky. Barring anything disastrous occurring I still think it’s safe for me to say I’ll get that last square complete this month! That’d be like a tiny miracle for this piece, haha.
I also have another update on David.

I finally finished the brown! Phew, now that whole side is complete. Rest assured I didn’t do all that this weekend; I’ve been putting more stitches in over the past few weeks and only had the final 20 or so rows left on Saturday. I’m very glad that it’s done as it got pretty tedious toward the end, haha. (I’m never satisfied- big blocks of color start to get boring, but lots of color changes get very fiddly J). There’s a tiny pinprick of light at the end of this particular tunnel now, it’s just a matter of getting there.
Have a great stitching week!

6 comments:

  1. Progress on both looks great. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your London-project updates, so far the piece looks wonderful! I hope you get that square filled up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress, you got loads done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent progress. London is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. David looks fantastic!! :D

    I saw your latest pic on London before coming to this post, but I must say again that it looks beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete