Sunday, March 25, 2012

Zebra and the Ghost Leopard (and Some Randomness)

Well, only a smallish bit of progress on the animal heads once again. I did get the leopard head finished though, sans backstitch, and put some more onto the zebra.

I’ve nicknamed the leopard a ghost leopard, because his eyes look spooky right now, haha. At least the backstitch will provide some much needed definition. For now though, I don’t blame the zebra for hiding from him J.
I also made a start on the next small gift for my friend. It doesn’t look like much yet, but here it is so far:

Lastly for today, the very lovely Topcho and EveningEmma both nominated me for the Liebster award! Here is the info about it:
Liebster is a german word meaning favourite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.

The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting.

1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to

2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.

3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.

4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people dont know about you.

I had a hard time picking five people to pass it on to, mostly because it seems like nearly everyone has already received it! So I’ll just list some blogs I think are worth checking out, but this is by no means an exhaustive list J.
1.     ishkabibble- She has some neat final fantasy pieces she’s working on and some cool patterns she's made as well.
2.    A Riot Patch of Pixels- Karyn does some very awesome cross stitch pieces often based on the artwork of Abysswolf.
3.    Carolyn's Stitchings- Besides showing her amazing finished pieces she also posts excellent patterns (but then I might be a bit biased J).
4.    Tiki Stitches- Tiki always seems to have some beautiful and fun pieces in the works and she finishes them off so nicely too J.
5.    Heli's Stitchery- She has some large projects she’s working on right now including a gorgeous mandala and a HAED.

I was already beaten to the punch for most of these blogs, but they’re definitely worth a second look! And though the rules state the award is only for blogs with less than 200 followers there’s a few more I wanted to point out that I really admire:
1.     Dork Stitch- Missy-tannenbaum has tons of amazing sprite and portrait patterns that are just a joy to stitch. She also shows pictures of the neat projects she’s working on too (like her sprite standees!).
2.    Random Ramblings- Joysze does some really gorgeous pieces that are lovely to see progress. She’s also the host for the monthly IHSW J.
3.    Diary of a Manbroider- Manbroider just astounds me with his work. He always has several stunning pictures he’s working on.

Whew, bit long winded I know! Now for the last bit, 5 random facts about me.
1.     I don’t like grapefruit.
2.    My top 5 favorite smells (in no particular order) are strawberries, coffee, peanut butter, the ocean and tulips.
3.    Although I’ve lived near the Rockies my whole life I’ve never been skiing or snowboarding.
4.    I sat in the same audience for a black box performance as Viggo Mortensen.
5.    Like so many other stitchers I also love reading.

Ok I think that’s enough for now so,
Have a great stitching week!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award, and a great stitching week to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award and your nice comments. I always look forward to seeing your progress. Have a great stitching week!

    ReplyDelete