Monday, May 28, 2012

Some Green and Gold

Well I finally made it into the world of color, haha. I didn’t get quite as far as I was hoping to by today, but I finished the green off and started on the gold. I probably won’t finish these rows off by the end of the month like I wanted, but I’m getting there J.

Have a great stitching week!

Monday, May 21, 2012

IHSW May; or A Wee Bit More Brown


That’s what I have to show once again this week.  I’ve almost completed the brown on the first five rows.  The plan is to go back and start filling in some of the other colors now rather than finishing off the brown.  (I’m getting a bit browned out!)




Have a great stitching week!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Aging Slowly, but Artfully.


Time once again to show my progress on Aging Artfully!  This is actually two weeks worth of stitching, not one, so it is still sort of slow going.  I decided to just work on the brown portion for a bit and that seems to make it look as though it’s moving along, which I like. J

The A and E sections are officially all complete, so 2 down, 24 to go!



 Have a great stitching week!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

May WIPocalyspe Update

All right, time for another full moon update! I don’t have quite as much to show this month as I was hoping, but I do have some updates J.

Originally I wanted to have the animal heads completely finished by today, but due to having to work on Aging Artfully that didn’t happen. I did however finally finish all the stitching and even managed to start the backstitch:



Ta da! I think they look pretty cool in the photo now, but I know they’ll look better once all the details are in, haha. I’ve done all the 2 stranded backstitch on the zebra and the giraffe (there wasn’t much), so just a little bit on the leopard to go. (Then I can do the rest of the backstitch….. haha it’s never ending!).

Next up is my update on Blue Moon for the HAED BB SAL.


The first 4 rows across the top are officially done! Of course now that the second page has come out there is even more to look forward to. I’ll try to pace myself so I don’t get overwhelmed though, haha!

And finally I have an update on something new that I planned to add to my WIPocalypse list during the course of the year- my Sailor Moon project! Before you get your hopes up there aren’t any pictures of actual stitching yet, but I did finish gridding it out a few weeks ago. This was my first attempt at gridding, done primarily to ensure that the characters would all be placed correctly later on (and I tried to triple check the counting so I really hope it’s right, haha!).

I used three different colors of sewing thread for my lines, one for the good guys, one for the bad guys and one for the symbols. Here’s what they look like in real life:




I know they don’t necessarily show up that well so here’s the layout as I have it on PC Stitch:


Haha, I’m super excited! Good guys on top, bad on the bottom, and since they’re all sectioned out already I’m going to hold a drawing to see which order they get stitched in. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to actually begin stitching on it later this summer.

Ok, I think that’s all for now so-

Have a great stitching week!