Friday, March 24, 2017

A Return to London

Every year I set goals for myself on each of my projects, but more often than not I rarely complete all of them (or even most of them). I do tend to make them fairly ambitious for myself, mostly so that I can get excited and think things like, “Ok, to get all of these done I’m going to need to stitch a bunch this year!” (I never think I get to stitch enough J).

This year, in an attempt to take some of the pressure off, I only set goals for half of the projects I have started. I don’t know if that will make any sort of discernible difference, but it amuses me at the moment so I’ll just go with it J. One of the pieces I set a goal for is one of my oldest WIPs, London.

Now I did actually work a bit on London last year but I didn’t post about it as I didn’t think the progress was worth showing- a bad habit of mine with my larger projects. Here’s where I was at when I last posted a picture:
 
Since then I had finished another square. My goal for London this year is to complete six squares (each square consists of 400 stitches). Here it is with 3 new squares added since January:
 
As I haven’t posted this month before now this picture is already dated. At this point I have another 1 ½ squares done. Since the start of 2017 I’ve mainly been working on this piece and my excitement for it definitely waxes and wanes J. That’s probably why I have as many WIPs as I do! Still, as long as I don’t truly make myself sick of it I’m going to attempt to continue focusing on it until I complete my goal. With a bit of luck it won’t be long before I post my next update on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment